2009-01-12 Les législateurs de Floride proposent une loi pour faire de la bestialité un délit (EN)
Florida Lawmakers Propose Bill To Make Bestiality A Felony
By JOSH POLTILOVE | The Tampa Tribune Published: January 12, 2009
Florida lawmakers have again pitched a bill that it would make it a felony to have sex with animals. This year's bill was sponsored by Sen. Nan Rich, D-Sunrise, and Rep. William Snyder, R-Stuart. The bill was filed recently for this year's legislative session. It would make bestiality a third-degree felony. It includes anyone who would "knowingly organize, promote, conduct, advertise, aid, abet, participate in as an observer, or performing any service" to further the act of bestiality. Last year, Rich and St. Petersburg lawmaker Frank Peterman sponsored the bill. But that bill died in committees. At the time, Rich said bestiality is a serious crime that deserves strong consequences and that she thinks there is a direct correlation between animal abuse and child abuse. The bestiality bill was pitched to Peterman at the behest of the Panhandle Animal Welfare Society, Rich said last year.
According to a 2008 Senate bill analysis:
- In January 2004, a West Palm Beach man was caught sexually battering a neighbor's dog and was charged with animal cruelty and indecent exposure.
- In 2005, a man in Leon County was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct for sexually battering his guide dog.
- In January 2008, a man raped a pregnant goat in a small Panhandle town, killing the animal. That man ultimately wasn't charged because DNA tests weren't conclusive.
The bestiality bill doesn't apply to "accepted animal husbandry practices or accepted veterinary medical practices," the bill states. The bill would take effect Oct. 1.
Reporter Josh Poltilove can be reached at (813) 259-7691.
- Animal Instincts. Zoophiles love and have sex with animals. Will the world ever accept them?
- 2009-02 Floride, les sénateurs s'apprêtent à interdire le sexe avec les animaux (EN)
- 2008-01-04 Viol d'une chèvre en Floride (EN)
- 2008-01-02 Le viol d'une chèvre met le feu aux poudres